Picket line hook-ups

Vicky Smith twh@voyager.net
  After a couple of rope burns over the years, we took the advise of
another trail ride buddy. We slide our lead ropes through a piece of
clear, milker hose that is sold in farm supply stores and some hardware
stores. We have solid braid poly ropes but that tubing works like a dream
  Helpful hint- To get the rope through the tubing 1)sprinkle baby powder
into the tubing 2)Tie a thin, STRONG cord to end of the lead rope 3)Drop
that cord down through the tubing (you may have to tie a metal nut onto
the cord to weight it) 4)Work your lead rope through the tubing adding
more baby powder as needed