interference?

I was working with my horse this afternoon
lunging him, and when he cantered he was knocking
his back legs together (interference? i think)
I've never noticed this before. He might have
been doing it before now though and i just didn't
notice (we just now got to cantering). I'm
guessing it's because of his feet. I did a google
search on interference and basically found that
in some horses it's permanent b/c of their
conformation, and some it's temporary b/c of
their fitness level or improper trimming. I'm
hoping it's the trim. I'm not too happy with the
farrier we're using now. He gave my horse a nice
whack on the back with his rasp :( grrr. So I'd
like to find a new farrier anyways, and ask
him/her about it. And use some interference
boots? is that what they're called? I've heard
people on this list talk about them. Is this a
common problem? It seems like he's only doing it
with the back leg on the inside of the circle,
and only cantering. After he hit himself he was
leaning way into the circle like he was about to
tip over, and would canter faster. I think this
was so he wouldn't hit himself again. Does anyone
know anything about this? Or have a farrier
they're happy with in Georgia in the Conyers
area? Thank you.
-Kelly