RE: Who better to ask re: saddle fit?

If I were starting out all over again, this is what I'd do.

I'd buy a Port Lewis saddle fit system (about $130 from Long Riders Gear and
other vendors) and try saddle after saddle after saddle hoping to find that
perfect fit (what I'm currently doing with a borrowed Port Lewis).

Another option would be to find a Sharon Saare dealer willing to work with
you and get that fit perfect (and it's your job to keep after that dealer
until you and your horse are happy).

And if you can't wait for a custom saddle, or you're getting frustrated
trying to find that perfect used saddle, try a Sportssaddle and a Skito pad.

There are no perfect fit saddles out there.  It's all trial and error.
You'll have a saddle that fits perfect for a while and then your horse will
either muscle up, or fatten up, or slim down or any one of a dozen things
will happen and the saddle won't fit anymore.

It's a constant progress.

Try every saddle out there.  You'll never know when you'll find that perfect
fit.

But I'd try to stay with brand names.  I've got two 'custom jobs' from
unknowns that I doubt I'll ever be able to sell.

Just trying to save you a lot of time, money and heartache (not to mention
trying to save your horse a major back problem!).