From: MtnRondi@aol.com [mailto:MtnRondi@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 9:37 AM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Re: Re: physiology of weight/Absolutes? Nah.

I've been reading all the posts regarding HW vs LWT, etc. Have I missed it,
or has anyone discussed the fact that the horse becomes conditioned carrying
the weight it carries. I mean, if I jogged carrying 5 lb. weights I would
probably get tired but slowly condition myself to carrying that weight with
no thought. It would be as if I were not carrying any extra weight. So can
it
ever happen that a horse conditioned by a HW would perform like it didn't
know it was carrying a HW? I'm a FW. If my husband conditioned my horse (he
would be a HW) and then I rode the horse in competitions, would the horse
perform better because he was carrying less weight than he was used to
carrying?

Excuse me if this is a stupid question... but I keep wondering if the HW
team
is really as disadvantaged as one would think.

Bonnie
So. Calif.