RE: Weight Divisions for NC

We have a lot of discussions over weight in Egypt because most rides are run
by FEI rules, which require a certain weight. The argument has been made
that lightweights should train their horses with gradually increasing
amounts of lead taped or whatever to the saddle....or maybe have them ridden
by fatter friends. But there is a huge difference as far as I can see to the
balanced (hopefully) and changing weight of a heavier rider versus the
unchanging dead weight of lead (or hammers or rolled up leather chaps or
whatever). On the basis of physics and the effects of hauling dead weight
through sand, I opt for weight categories...not that it matters for my
horses. I hit heavy or high middle no matter how you slice it, unless you
can get a couple of those slices off my rear end.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
maryanne@ratbusters.net
www.ratbusters.net