Re: newbie-pulse lower at canter?

Horses have their own "most efficient" gait.  Many horses move more
efficiently at the canter.  I have a gelding who trots with a lower pulse
rate than when he canters.  Our stallion will drop 10 or more beats from the
trot into the canter.  I have no experience with easy boots (maybe Karen can
help you with that) but I have not experienced any major changes in pulse
with or without shoes.  However, I have experienced spikes with the pulse
when the saddle isn't fitting right.  I learned that early on.  The pulse
would stay elevated at any gait and when I switched saddles, it would go
down.  So,don't forget to check the obvious, too.  :)  Good luck....aren't
HRMs fun??
Maggie