Mystery Weight Loss Older Mare

Here are a couple of things I've used with great success in getting weight
on two of my hard keepers.  Beet pulp is great, start with that.  I have
also added corn oil, if they will eat it.  Rice bran is also great, my hard
keeper mare used to get 1/2 quart with warm water in dinner every night.  It
really helped.  I've also used Athlete, made by Purina.  I have used each of
these individually and in combination.  My mare used to get her sweet feed
mixed with Athlete and rice bran.  My Arab gelding and my endurance horse
both get beet pulp, Athlete and corn oil.  My Paint gets beet pulp and corn
oil.

I have also used Nu Weight, made by Select, which is just dried animal fat.
There are other similar products.  They work great, but they are made of
animal fat and your stall will stink like a dirty hampster cage.

Carolyn Burgess