Re: saddle pad

I will be receiving my new Desoto saddle from Marilyn very soon. Needless to say, I'm very excited and can't wait. Can anyone out there give me some advice on saddle pads to go with it? I've talked with Marilyn about her Astro Pad. Does anyone else have experience with it? Other pads that work well? Thanks for your help.

I have two of Marilyn's saddles...one ridden with the Astro pad and the other with a Skito.  For myself, personally, I like the Skito cuz it comes in purple <g>...and the horse does well with it too.  The Astro pad also works well -- was used on Blaze with a HW rider and Blaze's back was in good shape afterwards.  (Of course it's used with the custom fit of the DeSoto so his back is very happy with the saddle fit.)  Neither pad is too thick so they don't change the fit of the saddle.  My Skito has done several 50s and a lot of training rides with no problems on Cabby's back.  The Astro has done several LDs and a lot of training rides (more frequently with a Big Horn endurance saddle on Blue)...also with no problems (on Blaze or Blue.)

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm
Marysville, Wa.