DVE

I should just stay out of this discussion completely. . . but

You don't have to be a ride manager to have common sense.  To know when to
discuss things with RM or not.  To know that if you don't like the ride,
fine, don't do it again!  I rode on one of my first 50's and I got lost by
following the person in front of me instead of following ribbons, my
fault, I learned, period.  I was extra tried and discouraged on that
particular ride because of getting lost and because it was this horse
first 50 and I added at least 5 miles to the ride, again my own fault.
There were people who cut across on this ride, I know for certain.  To me
it is their loss, they are being dishonest.  It made me angry, at the
appropriate time I discussed it with RM.  She was aware, I let it drop and
never worried about it again.  I know that this RM is honest and will do
the right thing and whatever it is, it is up to them.  I am only concerned
that I follow the rules, take care of my horse, and complete the ride.  I
for one am very grateful to all RM's for putting on rides and certainly
don't want to drive any of them out.

I also enjoy meeting new people and riding with them on rides but I have
also learned that I enjoy riding alone.  It makes me more aware of my
surroundings, my equine partner and my own limitation.  My motto to live
by:

Hope for the best.
Expect the worst.
Take what comes.