San Diego Trails--Miramar Access

As one of the people who used to live in San Diego (I grew
up there) I maintain an interest in the place.

What happened to the issue of the US Marines refusing
people trail access across Miramar?  Somebody posted
here a year or two ago that the main connector trail from
the S-Mountain public park and trail network in Santee to the
huge Rancho de Los Penosquitos reserve ran through a small
corner of Miramar.  The US Navy had always allowed trail
users through access, but when the Marines moved in, they
had closed it off.  The poster was requesting support to get
this decision reversed.

What happened?

Linda B. Merims
lbm@naisp.net