Bucking

The type of bucking you are describing would concern me very much. There is a huge difference from a " I feel good" crow hop and a "wig- out " type of buck that you are describing that comes out of no where.  This kind of buck is the kind,  in my humble opinon a -not if you are going to get hurt, but WHEN  and HOW BAD are you going to get hurt type of buck. I have had experience with this kind of bucker and boy did I get seriously hurt ( broke an ankle in 15 places,almost lost the leg as the surgeon had such a difficult time piecing my "humpdy dumpdy" ankle back togather).  I was on crutches almost a year and it has taken me almost the entire 7 years of constant rehabing the foot to get to a point where I can run and walk without a limp ( much to the surgeons amazement). The bottom line is that there are plently of really nice horses out there , that it just is not worth putting up with such a horse even if he/she is good 99% of the time. That 1% could get you seriously injured or even killed. I definatly think that everything has its risks , but risks can be minimized. Do yourself a huge favor and look for a horse you can trust that will not pull this kind of stunt. The problem is with a horse that does this kind of stunt is that you can never fully trust them and is this a fun thing at what is such an enjoyable activity? Again this is just one woman's opinion...

I am finally at a point health wise ( ankle wise ?) that I am going to try going on a 25 mile ride this spring. Perhaps it sounds like it isn't such a big deal, but from where I have been ( to hell and back) I will be so thrilled to complete the ride. By the way, I just joined ridecamp and am enjoying learning from you folks out there.
-Merrie Boone
 Silver Dream Arabians
 (717)-786-3177
 merriesheik@paonline.com