RE: Ariat boots

> I was just curious about all the negative press that Ariat was getting.
> People seem to be very willing to voice their negative concerns here in a
> neutral territory, but has anyone complaining called Ariat?

I wrote FOUR times about the poor quality leather on the one boot and
got one response.  They claimed that there was nothing they would do and
to put some good leather conditioner on the gouges.  And believe me, if
I am happy with a product I am vocal about that too!  I touted the
virtues of Ariats for many years when they were a good quality and
durable boot!

> I did.  I called the company and asked the customer service representative
> if Ariat has heard any of these comments.  The rep that I spoke with made a
> note to have quailty control look into these comments.  The boots are not
> made in China! (I asked)

Then why do my new Extreme's have a tag in them that says Made In China???

> It seems to me that the company is more than willing to make things right
> with their customers, if they are just given the chance.

I gave them plenty of chances.  I am glad you had a more positive
experience with them, but I personally, won't go back to Ariats.  I have
gotten a lot of good recommendations for other boots here on Ridecamp.
Thanks to all of you who responded!  This list is a wealth of experience
and information and I thank each of you who took the time to respond!

Warm regards and thanks,

Lisa