need GN hitch advice

Hi All,
    I've just bought a used Sundowner GN LQ trailer so now I guess I really am going on XP2001!  I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD shortbed truck and need input on which hitch to get.  I've been told by one knowledgeable source that pop-up balls aren't working well in this model truck since the frame has been completely redesigned.
Thanks!
Laney