Re: RC: dawgs

My best dog ever was Panda, a Great Dane/Lab/Collie mix female.  She was big
and furry and sweet as you would ever want.  She broke her hip as a puppy so
she was never able to do any long distance travels, but she could keep up
with you for a walk in the woods.  She was great with my kids, who thought
she was a pillow for watching TV from the floor (well, Panda thought that's
what she was for too!).  She never got into trash, or would ever consider
taking food that had not been put in her bowl.  She loved people food, so my
kids would give her anything.  She didn't like pickles and the kids would
always put pickles in her bowl.  And she would pick them up, trying not to
taste them, and put them on the floor next to her bowl.  And the kids would,
put it back in the bowl.  This game would go on with the pickle until it was
all shriveled up.  Panda lived until she was 15 and she is sorely missed by
my entire family 2 years after her death.  My older cat was so attached to
her that for six months after she was gone that cat walked around the house
crying for her.

Carolyn Burgess