Re: Horse Dogs

OK, I know I placed my vote with corgis but I have to admit why I didn't say
Border Collie...I had one.  Smartest dog I ever owned but I think Angie is
right... his herding instinct sometimes tended to over ride his owner
loyalty instinct!  We managed to earn a CD and I really wanted to go on to
the next level.  He also excelled at Agility and I would have liked to try
flyball, too.  However, the reason I gave him away to someone who had more
time and patience with him was the same reason some people refuse to own
Arabs...I can't own an animal that is smarter than me!  :)  So, why do I own
Arabs?  Hmmmm....because I love endurance and they don't have that "eye"
that Borders do!  :)  And they are actually "teaching" me so hopefully my
intelligence is improving by associaton!  As much as I loved Tucker, he was
always one step ahead of me.  Nice thing is that we get to "babysit" when
his new owners go on vacation so it's more like he's one of the kids gone
off to college!  :)
Maggie