Hope in February

I just received my copy of Feb's Endurance News, and I think I'm in love.
The woman's name is Hope Lundquist, and her letter in the "Mailbag" section
was so enlightening, funny, and well written, all I have to say is, "YOU GO
GIRL."

I hope Hope won't mind but I'd like to repeat a few of her paragraphs for
those of you on Ridecamp who don't receive Endurance News (are there any here
who don't get this magazine?).

Here goes:  "The 2000 FEI Ride was badly managed.  When rides are badly
managed they are no longer sanctioned there.  So FEI has declared their World
Champion.  Let's see if that is really true.  Come on over Frenchie and try
the Old Dominion or the Tevis or the Down Under Quilty.  Don't forget your
whip."

Too damn funny, and right on if you ask me.  Here's one more: "As for the
UAE, they would be better received if they would do something to lower the
price of CRUDE.  The single most expensive item going to and from an
endurance ride is the cost of fuel.  The full page "Romancing" and
"Seduction" ads are really paid for by all of us via the gas pump."

As I said, I think I'm in love with this woman named Hope.  Those FEI ads,
paid for by the UAE, that run in Endurance News are a hoot. They, basically,
say that the UAE will get our sport into the Olympics, no matter what it
takes.  Either get on board now, or jump ship. I'm just glad I can still
swim.   I think UAE wants the Americans on board because they were so
impressed with our ability to lure the Olympics to Salt Lake City, even after
we got caught handing out all the candy to the Olympic Committee.

It's extremely ironic, to me, that AERC will take their money for those ads,
print them, and then our President, the honorable Randy, will discuss the
Sultans of Swing, in his own words, that aren't nearly as flattering as the
rubbish in those "Romancing" ads.  Free speech is alive and well in the land
of AERC.  Like I've said before, "Take their money, and run. Just don't sell
them your best horse."

cya,
Howard