Re: Glucosamine & Condroitin

I will go on record here and say that yes, I do use both
CS and GAGS in my endurance Arab.  While my plan was
to start him on CS / GAGS supplementation as a 10 yr
old *to prevent DJD*, he's already on them.  My husband
asked "Why are you waiting until he's 10?".  I said "Money".
He just looked at me like I was crazy.  I asked my most
excellent vet about it and he replied there's no harm, and
could be a lot of good in being on prevention from the start.

Blue's sound.  Could he compete without these supplements?
You bet.  Would he be sound?  Yup.  But, as Sandy and Randy
and several others point out, they are a *preventative*.  Like
changing the oil in your engine.  Sure, you can run for a long
time without an oil change or CS / GAGS supplementation.
But the damage done, which only shows up later, is irreversible.
And preventible.

Kathy Myers
in No. Cal. with Magnum the TB ex-racer
and Mr Maajistic... aka "Blue"