Aluminum Trailer Floors

Jeannie Grace blgrace@lakemac.net
Apparently in the early 90's, there was some "bad" aluminum used for trailer floors...all makes, as I understand it.  After noticing white flakes and pitting on my gently used trailer (always cleaned, etc.) I contacted the manufacturer.  They replaced my floor, no questions asked.  Obviously a problem they were aware of...as I checked around I found others had the same problem and with several different makes...mostly trailers made in the same time frame.