Re: Re: Re: Re: hoof soreness

Actually you didn't answer my question which was have you ever done an
endurance ride?  It was pretty basic, a simple question.  It's the main
reason why I don't hang out much on Ridecamp because there are many
endurance wanna be's and we never know who we are talking to.  Though I do
read the posts from riders I respect and have known since this list's start
10 years ago!

And since you didn't answer my question I will still humor you and tell you
who I am! I've had horses all my life and I'm 46 now, I spent 13 of those
years on the harness race tracks working with all types of lameness's. I've
also worked as a vet tech on the track after I got done my horses in the
morning, I drove around with vets I knew for free to learn!    I know how to
track and detect a lameness way before it becomes too big a problem, in fact
I track so obsessively that when I ride with my vet friend I'm not allowed
to look at her horse because she knows I'm always tracking it!  I've done
endurance for the last 5 years, though I've only done about 750+ or - miles
including ld's. You can look me up on the AERC results.   Right now I am not
competing because I've had back surgery from all the years of trotting and
conditioning but I will be back in the saddle this spring guaranteed!  Due
to my Harness Track background I do have a clue on how to get ANY horse in
condition properly and I've mentored quite a few people in my area in this
sport, including our equine vet we have here.  I am also pretty good at
shoeing problems as I've spent many an hour in the blacksmith shop with my
STB's.

So there are my qualifications, where's yours?  How do you qualify yourself
capable of telling us what is right and what is wrong for our horses?  And
if you think that every thing you do, even on your conditioned horse causes
pain how do you ever justify to yourself being on this list?  You weren't
talking about wear and tear earlier you were talking about pain if I recall!
My horses are not in pain when they are done a competition, though they may
be stiff from all the exercise, I fully expect that, heck I'm slightly stiff
the next day too.  But they easily walk out of it.  There is a huge
difference between being stiff and being in pain.  If you did an endurance
ride you'd soon learn that!

And oh by the way here is the post you sent that says in clear English the
words masking pain!  Read your last sentence it's right there.

Cheryl Newbanks