Re: Re: Re: hoof soreness

Well I don't know this Cheryl Newbanks person either but I have a question
for her...

Do you know the difference between a horse and a motorcycle? Just curious
because if you did you would (possibly) understand that any biological
living organism (as opposed to being a machine, although even a machine
generates wear and tear through the course of normal operation, which you
can excellerate by pushing the machine to higher performance) creates wear
and tear (can we call this damage) on some level to it's cells when
generating movement, even merely by the act being alive and maintaining body
functions. IMO an endurance race is a huge leap beyond what is normal for
the horse (a living organism) and way beyond what would be a normal amount
of wear and tear on his structures in a day. Luckily living organisms are
able to repair damaged tissues or you'd never be able to do a second race on
your horse, if you made it through conditioning. If you truely think an
organism can put out the effort needed to complete a 50 or 100 mile
endurance race without occuring any wear and tear you are, IMO, in denial.
If you think wear and tear generates no soreness, well I'm just at a loss.
And if you believe there is wear and tear but that this phenomenon
miraclulously stops at the conanary band and the hoof is exempt from damage,
the structure likely taking the most stress from the effort, well then
again, IMO, you're in denial. But hey if denial is neccesary for someone to
feel comfortable asking so much of their horse, and it works for you and
your horse... if it ain't broke don't fix it. But personally I feel
accepting that damage IS done, when a horse is asked to travel 100 miles at
speed, would be in the best interest of the horse.

Also please show me where I said a "horse" can mask pain.

Cheryl