Re: RC: Barefoot Stats

In a message dated 12/19/2001 8:56:07 AM Pacific Standard Time, lokirabba@juno.com writes:

The farrier said that his feet were healthy and sound             I
do not intend to shoe him till I start endurance riding
Bobbie

I think most people have to agree with what your saying.  We also don't put shoes on a horse when they first come in for training.  Most of the horses come in with never having any shoes on their feet and we will keep them properly trimmed until they start to show some sign of to much ware and/or tenderness from to much wear.  Then we put shoes on them to protect their feet.  Proper shoeing is protecting the hoof from to much wear.  Since we break and train & sell many horses a year for endurance we have found that this seems to be a normal process of what we have experienced.  Excessive hoof wear is normal for daily or simi daily work outs in this area.

Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Ranch & Products
18171 Lost Creek Road
Saugus, CA 91390