Re: Stallions in endurance(origonal poster)

>keep her under control and go on with my life.  So,  >saying, you should
>really think before you bring a stallion is a little silly to >me.

Anyone bringing *any* horse to an endurance ride (or other gathering) of course should have schooled their horse in manners.  However, if a mare or gelding acts up in a crowd, they most likely are going to push the other horse or kick.  A potential danger to other horses, and possibly in a position to catch another rider on the leg.  A rank stallion, on the other hand, should he choose to follow his instincts and try to mount a mare, is rearing up to put his hooves in the area of a rider's head and spine.  Much more *potential* danger.  As illustrated by the story I told about the little girl being killed by a mounting and uncontrolled stallion.

The majority of stallions I've seen in public, and at rides, are well behaved boys.  Unfortunately, the very few people who ride with their egos instead of the brains God gave an avocado are more of a danger riding a stallion than they are riding a gelding or mare.

JMO.

Susan G