To Karen Barefoot Stats

Karen Standefer hrschk@yahoo.com
Dearest Karen,

If you're going to post something and call me a liar, then post the whole
thing, please.  Don't take it out of context.  I don't have any idea what
your numbers are, what they mean or what they relate to since you just
posted a few random percentages without any data or explanation as to how
you arrived at them.

Darolyn, can you please compile your 2001 endurance ride results, please?
And, please only compile the barefoot horse results, not the shod ones.
Your numbers below no doubt include rides that were not barefoot.  Unless
you ran the numbers by Darolyn and let her confirm that the horses at
those rides were barefoot, you couldn't possibly argue with the numbers
below!  Compiling numbers for these horses when previously shod will not
come up with the same numbers.  Also, compiling results from ALL DJB
horses in the AERC history won't computate correctly, either because some
of the horses are not owned by Darolyn any longer and no way to tell if
they're shod or not.

There is an error in my calculation, below, of the composite numbers.
However, it is lower than the correct number.  It was pointed out, also,
on another post.  I don't remember what it was exactly, but it was closer
to the 80% range.

Heart of Texas (50)
   5 completed 1 pull
Frigid Digit (50)
   5 complete 0 pulls
Frigid Digit (100)
   2 completed 0 pulls
Montell Cliff Hanger (50)
   1 completed 3 pulls
Blue Bonnet Classic (100)
   2 completed 1 pull
Blue Bonnet Classic (50)
   5 completed 0 pulls
Old Glory I (50) multiday
   5 completed 1 pull (who completed the following day)
Barefoot DJB horse was first place on this ride
   Old Glory II (50) multiday
5 completed 2 pulls
   Old Glory III (50)
4 completed 1 pull
   Barefoot DJB horse was first place this day
Road Warrier (50)
   2 completed 1 pull
Unicorn Hunt (50)
   11 completed 1 pull
   Barefoot DJB horse was first and barefoot DJB horse was BC

So, that's 47 50 milers and 10 pulls (79% completion rate)
and 4 100 milers and 1 pull (75% completion rate)

Karen

At 08:12 PM 12/18/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Considering the group
>that has been doing this the longest is just now completed the 1 year
>mark, it's surprising that the stats are as good as they are.

I looked at more of the examples you posted.  You should be more careful
about telling people to check things you that you are trying to use to
make
your point.   After catching Robyn lying publicly, I'm not about to trust
anything anybody else says about riding a horse barefoot again in an
endurance ride.   I'm not against people riding their horses barefoot.  I
don't want to see horses abused, and people lying about what really
happened (which just happened!!!)  and causing other people who don't know
better to harm their horses.

Here are some examples of completion rates of those horses:

62.5%
70%
33%
75%
50%
71%
75%
67%

They are sure getting a lot of lameness pulls and have a lot lower
completion rate than average.  They aren't even doing a lot of miles.