Re: RC: Paso Finos

>Dana,
>
>What do you mean by termino?   Could you explain this term?   I am sure
>our neighber said his horse was a registered Paso Fino and even let me
>ride the horse.  Very smooth, nice ride and it was fun but just not my
>particular cup of tea, I guess.
jolmayna@whitepine.k12.nv.us

Termino is the outward rolling of the front limbs during extension.  The
movement originates at the shoulder and the foot lands square to the
ground.  It gives a swimming or paddling appearance to the front end
action.  Termino is a characteristic and desired component of the Peruvian
Paso's way of going (see picture at http://www.pphrna.org/).

I have no doubt that your neighbor's horse is a registered Paso Fino --
until about 10 years ago the Paso Fino registry would accept the
registration of PPs as PFs.  There are still some of these double
registered horses around and of course their offspring with PFs would be
registered as PFs.

Lynn Kinsky (Santa Ynez, CA)
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky