Re: Darolyn and Barefootin' (extremely long)

>>Susan says:

>>thousands of young, healthy horses are slaughtered every year<<

This poster specifically mentioned a rendering plant, not a slaughter house.
Difference being, at least in my neck of the woods, that rendering plants get
them after their already dead, and do not slaughter.  For this reason, I
don't think a rendering plant is a good place to go looking at horse feet.

>>speaking of researchers, Susan says:
>>this statement is true only if the researcher is basically crooked, which
most are not<<

About half of the "Scientific Research" that was quoted in the article, which
I didn't keep, and therefore can't quote, was from what appeared to be
anecdotal reports from decades to centuries old.  IMO there is no way to
classify this as research, which is why I used quotes around the term.  IMO
the author of the article appeared to be taking liberties with the term
research.

I know that you are a researcher, my own background is a BS in Biological
Sciences.  I take the scientific method very seriously, and was just trying
to point out that if it is not a carefully controlled study with a strong
methodology and with peer review as a part of the process, it isn't
necessarily science, no matter how many initials someone has after their
name.  Sorry if I offended you, you are the goddess of equine science and
nutrition and I humbly bow before you.  jeer