Re: RE: Darolyn and Barefootin' (extremely long)

>rendering plant.  Many of the horses that end up there >have been put down,
>and no one puts down a healthy horse.  Also many are >old when they die.

This isn't meant as support for the barefoot argument, since I basically agree with what you're saying---but thousands of young, healthy horses are slaughtered every year.  It's not a matter of a surplus of unsound, old and crippled horses.  It's a matter of a surplus of unwanted horses, period.

As far as the "scientific research" that was cited, we all know that research
generally proves whatever the researcher wants it to,

'Scuse me?  Jeri, I know you're not trying to be offensive here, but this statement is true only if the researcher is basically crooked, which most are not.  This is the same as saying all lawyers are shylocks and all doctors are drug pushers.  It's been my experience that the majority of research results are accurately presented as the data dictates.  It's the people who have an axe to grind one way or another that pick and choose the results that fill their bill and so twist the truth of what the research has to say.

'Nuff said, since this is besides the point, but just had to say something.

  People should take care of their
horses' feet in the way they believe is most humane, and spend a lot less
time trying to convince everyone else that their way is the only right way.

I absolutely agree. :-)))

Susan G