Re: RE: Darolyn and Barefootin' (extremely long)

> Here is a very brief article on the damaging effects of shoeing.

Karen, we've been over this same ground a great many times on this list.
And I don't think there is a real horseman out there that is not aware of
the deleterious effects of INCORRECT shoeing.  And yes, we do see a lot of
incorrect shoeing in this day and age among horses shod "cosmetically" for
show.

Regarding rendering plants--it is hard to find a healthy BAREFOOT foot there
as well.  Many are neglected, infected, untrimmed, etc.  Furthermore, a
great many of the shod cadaver hooves from such places are also the subject
of neglect.  That is NOT somewhere I'd go to look for well-shod feet.  So
statistics stating that shod cadaver feet from there are not healthy is
certainly not a valid reflection on the effects of shoeing, no matter what
Strasser says about it.

Heidi