Re: RC: Barefootin' To Sylvia

At 10:55 AM 12/18/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>.  Darolyn's crew has done
>pretty well in their home terrain.  In a couple of years, if we have
>enough of us sticking with this, I believe there will be a horses out
>there prooving the theories on any terrain that we're allowed to compete

To some of use those completion rates are not acceptable.  I feel the same
as Barney does, there is no reason to allow horses to suffer just so that
one person can prove a point.  It's not fair to the animals, and it's not
the right thing for this sport.

>I doubt that any of us will be able to do 3 consecutive rocky rides
>barefoot (even when our horses are ready) until the ride managers of those
>rides quit requiring hoof protection.

Do you know that horses have BEEN PUT DOWN after foundering from doing
barefoot endurance rides.  Those rules came to be for a reason at rides in
certain terrain.  It's really pretty simple.  We want what is best for our
horses.  If that inconveniences a few people, that's just too bad.

Karen
in NV