Re: Re: Re: stallions/rope halters

I'm so glad for the posts from so many people just advocating common sense!
I am just home from a team penning event over the weekend at which I have
never seen so many stupid people on horses!  Actually, there probably
weren't that many...it was a select few who just seemed to be rude, stupid
and inconsiderate over and over and over...one lady would practice in the
arena at a dead run during cattle changes and literally ran into Nelson's
horse.  She just missed whipping the mare with her reins...totally oblivious
to Nelson's attempts to simply find a corner to warm up the mare he was
riding.  People would crowd around with their horses at tje arena entrance
and simply would NOT move out of the way or if they did, give you only
enough room to squeeze through.  I was furious...I was in a group with 3
stallions and there were several others there as well.  Malik behaved and so
did the other stallions but I couldn't believe how inconsiderate folks were
of others' space.  It's not as if the place was that crowded either!!!  I
also find that most problems I have with Malik usually stem from someone
else's horse being a problem.  Malik is not perfect by any means...he got in
trouble many times with me this past weekend.  Mostly just "talking" and
squealing and kicking his stall walls.  It was an inside deal... definitely
not an endurance ride.  He hasn't been stalled since he was 3!  I had to
take him OUTside to pee... he just wouldn't go in his stall!  He is
definitely an "outdoor and give me my space" kind of guy!  :)
Maggie