stallions/rope halters

I prefer to ride geldings because I don't want to mess with either mares
or stallions.  But I don't have a problem with people riding either, or
anything else (mules, Pasos, mustangs or whatever) as long as they
understand and can control their mounts.  I had a guy come head on at me
in a full Paso Fino trot and dress and my Arab gelding decided that he
wasn't getting close to him and we were out of there.  Stallions are just
naturally more of a handful and danger because of their testosterone, even
the gentlest can come undone at times and the rider or handler needs to be
experienced and strong enough to manage any problems.

When my daughter and her best friend were about 13, they were riding down
out of the hills with me.  My daughters friend was on a 4 year old
stallion and my daughter on her mature gelding.  We had ridden together
many times, almost daily, and both girls were very experienced riders and
training horses by then.  My daughter's gelding was a very fast walking
horse and was about 1 1/2 lengths ahead of her friend.  Both horses were
heading home after a pretty good workout in the mountains.  For absolutely
no apparent reason the stud suddenly, without any warning, lunged ahead
and attacked my daughter's gelding.  Luckily just managed to lightly grab
the geldings neck because he was quick enough to jump out of the way.
Needless to say I was scared and furious and that was the last time I ever
let my daughter ride with that stallion.  The stallion (which wasn't very
good anyway) was gelded shortly after that.

Just my own opinion, but I think there are an awful lot of stallions that
would make better geldings but the owners ego gets in the way.  I prefer
to let serious breeders have the stallions and ride geldings or mares for
riding.  That does not mean that I think stallions do not belong on rides,
 I have ridden with many very well behaved stallions whose owners are very
careful and responsible regardless of how gentle the stallion seems.  And
I have the responsibility to be aware of stallions and not get to close or
rub against them, but that brings a major pet peeve to mind that people
should always maintain distance between horses.  I hate people on single,
narrow trails coming up and crowding past or riding on my horses heels.
At least a horses length at all times is my rule of thumb.

I also would very much like the directions to making rope, hand tied
halters please!

Jolynn