Re: stallions/rope halters

> Stallions are just
> naturally more of a handful and danger because of their testosterone, even
> the gentlest can come undone at times and the rider or handler needs to be
> experienced and strong enough to manage any problems.

The last part of this statement underscores a misconception, and those who
harbor it should NOT be handling stallions--that is, that it takes STRENGTH
to handle a stallion.  Let me tell you, there is not a person alive that is
STRONG enough to "handle" a stallion.  And those who think that they are are
frequently the ones who get into trouble with them.  Successful control of a
stallion is a case of mental attitude and commanding the horse's respect, as
indeed it is in the case of all horses.  If the horse has complete and total
respect for his handler, he will behave.  If he does not, then he presents a
danger.  No amount of human muscle is going to change that.

Heidi