Re: Where to live and ride near Portland, OR

I live in Portland (very urban, historical neighborhood) and board in Beavercreek area. It is 12 miles S of Oregon City and takes about 40 min. to downtown, about 15 to Oregon City (which is good sized city). The trails out here are amazing. I have only just begun to hit alot of them. I drive almost 40 min. to see my horse because the trails are so much better than near Portland. Too bad my barn just got sold. We are right on very large BLM (Bureau of Land Management) land which is old logging roads (they stay dry year round!) and will stay that way pretty much forever--no homes built.

Portland is a great place to live where you can live in the city and drive only a few minutes to the country. There is country acreage on the West Side and the East Side of Portland. The East side might be more reasonably priced but ask your realtor. If you want me to send you any real estate literature listing farms, let me know.

Karla Watson