From: Corbelletta, Antonio [mailto:Antonio_Corbelletta@affymetrix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 12:24 PM
To: 'Susan Garlinghouse'; ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: RE: Re: Of a handful of dates and Arabians

The whole desert Arabian thing is highly romanticized, I remember reading a
book on the English that when to Arabia and first saw the Arabian horses.
They were appalled at the horrible condition they were in and the horrible
conditions that they were kept in.  Even the at the best studs.  Thank God
they were better horsemen/women to know good horse flesh and rescued some of
the breeding stock to bring back to the world.
My vision of the the Arab war horses is that they were ridden into battle
and the the ones that did survive were probably eaten after anyway.
Tony

-