Re: RC: US "cavalry" in Afghanastan

Hiding away in the agencies of the US government there are guys and gals
that can do just about anything and do it with extreme proficiency. When
Jerry Ford became president the secret service had people on the slopes
that could ski extremely well - you can not protect the president if you
are falling on your butt. When Ronald Reagan wanted to gallop around his
ranch on a horse the secret service had people who could put just about any
endurance rider to shame.

If the special forces need to ride horses - they will have the people to
ride horses. It's not new, it's been there all along. It's called training
and our US military and federal law enforcement get the best.

Truman