Re: Response to Cheryl

Cheryl,

>"lesson"? Apparently, he was saying, "I'm hurting, please help me",
>in the only language he could use.

Really?  How was he "saying" that?  Were you there?  I sure wasn't, but the vet who evaluated her horse told me he was in good shape the first loop of that ride - far from suffering.  The horse had apparently cut his ankle on a rock and had a bit of a sore spot there, but that was while participating in the ride, not beforehand.  The vet deemed him fit to continue, which he did.

Let's not get our imaginations running wild here.  It is entirely possible that her horse seemed just fine and ready for the ride before they trailered over there.  The fact is, we will never know, as neither of us were there to give her horse an honest and fair pre-ride evaluation.  Let's give her the benefit of the doubt that her horse seemed just fine before the ride - I think that's only fair.  Let's say that maybe he would have finished in better shape had he not injured his ankle during the ride.  But, unfortunately, all the suppositions in the world will never go beyond being plain ol' suppositions.

>Me -
>No, I must disagree there. Keep it up, and g.d. loud, if this kind
>sort of situation presents itself. Doesn't matter if the horse is shod or bare.

Sorry you feel you can't get your point across and educate others without the rampant use of sarcasm... guess it's just a difference in how we we were raised and educated.  I feel that kindly educating someone goes a heck of a lot farther than a forked tongue ever did.  Compassion during the process helps, too, but apparently that's a hard concept for some... perhaps those who have never made a mistake in their life feel they don't need it?

Instead of wasting all our energy in this idiotic game of finger-pointing, let's give the girl a break and let her live and learn... Heaven forbid you ever find yourself in the uncomfortable position of having misjudged or mis-assessed a situation....

-Tracey