Re: Re: Response to Cheryl

----- Original Message -----
From: Tracey Ritter
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 6:37 PM
Subject: RC: Re: Response to Cheryl
Cheryl said,
>"lesson"? Apparently, he was saying, "I'm hurting, please help me",
>in the only language he could use.

Tracey said-Really?  How was he "saying" that?  Were you there?  I sure wasn't, but the vet who evaluated her horse told me he was in good shape the first loop of that ride - far from suffering.  The horse had apparently cut his ankle on a rock and had a bit of a sore spot there, but that was while participating in the ride, not beforehand.  The vet deemed him fit to continue, which he did.

 Cheryl said-Yes, I would think that if one of my kids were exhibiting those signs, he/she would be saying that in the only language they had, their body language. Nope, wasn't there either, (that's why I used the word 'apparently') just going by what I read from someone who was there, and whose history and reputation on this list give me confidence in what she observed.

Cheryl said> >No, I must disagree there. Keep it up, and g.d. loud, if this kind
>sort of situation presents itself. Doesn't matter if the horse is shod or bare.

Tracy said-Sorry you feel you can't get your point across and educate others without the rampant use of sarcasm... guess it's just a difference in how we we were raised and educated.

Cheryl-Oh puhleaze, lady, that's a fairly inane and stupid (and really juvenile) statement. What, are you looking for someone to belittle? Start a fight with? Go run along somewheres else.'Yawn/Snort'. Don't be so sorry for me, 'cuz I'll be OK! Save it for those who really need it. Like the four-legged subject of this thread and his rider, that they both heal.

Tracey said-Instead of wasting all our energy in this idiotic game of finger-pointing, let's give the girl a break and let her live and learn... Heaven forbid you ever find yourself in the uncomfortable position of having misjudged or mis-assessed a situation....

Cheryl said-No game playing here, not when a horse is hurting the way that one 'apparently' (oops, there's that word again) was. No waste of time either, this list is all about taking care of our horse kids, Hello!!! (there's that other, more 'sarcastic' word). How would you have explained that poor animal to the juniors, or a non-horse person? I think I've given Robin alot more of a break than some of the other posts. I've got three horse kids, about 10 years barefoot between them, with 8000 miles since I started keeping track. I also was a brief member of a barefoot list, so don't be thinking me a barefoot basher. I've also had a few mis-judged and mis-assessed situations. This post is also not about Robin, either, it's become more about you flying off the handle. I've read Robin's post, and am satisfied with it. Yours is a different matter. You'd do well to lose the holier-than -thou attitude.

Cheryl in WNY

Barefoot is Great, until they need shoes.

p.s. My apologies to the rest of 'camp.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/RideCamp =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-