Re: Response to Cheryl

Cheryl,

Do us all a big favor and contact the vet yourself instead of going by anyone's hearsay - regardless of how well you know him/her.  That way you know you are dealing with facts - a concept that seems foreign to you.

Regardless of your own personal interpretation and sense of being slighted, I in fact never did "fly off the handle" as you suggest.  I've done my darndest to stick with the facts as presented to me by the vet who assessed her horse.  If you feel you must make such wild accusations, please substantiate it by basing it in some semblance of reality.  Better yet, spare the list and do so privately.

I understand you feel I have a "holier than thou" attitutude, but that is really quite subjective.  Likewise, I could have said the same in response to your "quick trigger" desire to hide behind the apron of sarcasm.  I'll reiterate now what I said earlier: Sarcasm and finger-pointing only serve to isolate people - to make them feel badly about themselves.  Is that what you want?  Do you think that would really help solve the problem and help that person grow and become a better horseman?  Perhaps you do, and that's fine if that is in fact what you believe works.  I will stick with being kind to those who make mistakes, as showing them the error of their ways will be so much more effective and lasting as a result.  That is, if you really want to make a difference - to help someone grow and learn in this field of ours.  That would prove to be a much better example to your juniors that way rather than just pointing fingers, exclaiming "Bad Horseperson, Bad!".

Tracey in Portland, OR

  Cheryl Ann <mskit@netsync.net> wrote:

Cheryl said-Yes, I would think that if one of my kids were exhibiting those signs, he/she would be saying that in the only language they had, their body language. Nope, wasn't there either, (that's why I used the word 'apparently') just going by what I read from someone who was there, and whose history and reputation on this list give me confidence in what she observed.

Cheryl-Oh puhleaze, lady, that's a fairly inane and stupid (and really juvenile) statement. What, are you looking for someone to belittle? Start a fight with? Go run along somewheres else.'Yawn/Snort'. Don't be so sorry for me, 'cuz I'll be OK! Save it for those who really need it. Like the four-legged subject of this thread and his rider, that they both heal.

...it's become more about you flying off the handle. I've read Robin's post, and am satisfied with it. Yours is a different matter. You'd do well to lose the holier-than -thou attitude.

Cheryl in WNY

Barefoot is Great, until they need shoes.

p.s. My apologies to the rest of 'camp.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/RideCamp =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"We should have a great many fewer disputes in the world if words were taken for what they are, the signs of our ideas only, and not for things themselves."

-Locke, Essay on Human Understanding

Do You Yahoo!?