Re: RC: Silver State - - - long

At the 1st vet check, it took over 15 mins. to meet criteria. I asked Robyn
to pick one foot up so the horse would hold still. He hung at 19 and went
higher. A horse in good shape should pulse down within 5 mins. Whether he was
excited or hurting, something was making him hang with a high pulse. I don't
think it was wise to ride barefoot and we do have a rule. Barney asked me why
we let Robyn ride barefoot, we told him about the letter Robyn wrote. We were
mis-informed by Robyn and from now on our ride rule, shod or hoof protection
will stand firm. My suggestion to Robyn, do what you feel is right, but when
it comes to our rides, best teach your horse how to go in ez boots whether he
trips in them or not. I can't believe she took them off and continued.
Peggie Norton
LVDR ride secretary