Re: Moral Dilemma / Trainers

That is, of course, logical and ideal and the only trainers we recommend are ones we know will work with the owner because (face it)....just because a trainer can get your horse to do everything include standing on his head, doesn't mean you will be able to do the same thing.  In fact, it if often my impression that the owner needs as much or more training than the horse!  :)  We do have a young fellow in our area who is fantastic with horses and will go to people's home to train.  He feels the horse is more comfortable, it's easier to set up with the owner, etc.  Unfortunately, he is a college student who carries 18 credits and works 2 jobs so has very little time.  I have designs on him as a potential son in law!!  :)  Anyway, there are those kinds of trainers out there but I don't think there are as many as I would like to see.
Maggie