Diatomaceous Earth-WARNING

I have worked with D.E. in the past.  It is a safety hazard.  The DE is
ground so fine that the particles cannot be filtered by your nose hairs
and the dust will be ingested and sit in your lungs forever.  The little
white dust masks are also not able to keep the DE dust from getting into
your lungs.  You need a respirator.  Once your lungs are filled or
partially filled with this stuff, it gives you much less capacity for
air!  I don't know for sure, but would suppose it would be the same
hazard to a horse if it were exposed to the dust.  So beware!!!

Doris Kulp
Maryland