Re: Re: Re: Re: Mules?

> Hey,
> If anyone would like to see what a well bred, athletic, performance type
> donkey stallion looks like, let me know and I will email you  a photo of

If it's the same one pictured in Western Mule, you're right, he's really
nice.

As for temperament, I don't have much exposure to mules, but my shoer buddy
Pat is a mule man and he says to get along with mules, you have to accept
that they're at least as smart as you are, a lot smarter than most people,
and you can't necessarily get away with the same mistakes that you can with
a horse.  If the mule doesn't let you get away with it, look out.  If the
mule knows you're dumber than he is and lets you get away with it anyway
because he likes you, that's a keeper.  I know his old mule Mildred is about
as good a girl as they get.  36-years-old and still happily goes packing
every elk season and pitches a fit until she's in the trailer so she knows
she's going, too.

Susan G