RE: Mules?

After having had my own mule for the last 9 years, I do not think the
conditioning has as much to do with built, but more to do with Mule
attitudes. My own mule just bulls her way to the shade when she feels she
needs the rest.  Most mules are smart enough to know "when to say when" and
some people can't handle that attitude.

I'm assuming that, like any other non-arab/slightly heavier-
built equine, mules take a little longer to condition.