Re: RC: Unbroke 5 year old Arab to old to break?

on 11/6/01 4:25 PM, guest@endurance.net at guest@endurance.net wrote:

> S. Taylor staylor@networksplus.net
> I am thinking about buying a 5 1/2 year old arab mare that is halter
> broke, lunges, etc. but has never been saddled/bridled.  Is an arab this
> age too old to break to ride?

No Way!!!! You are probably lucky that were never sat on until now or ruined
young. Their bones and muscles are all mature and were not abused young. I
started both mine at age 6. Both super easy to break and train, mentally
ready for the job, and never have had a lame day since.
Tiffany