Re: Unbroke 5 year old too old to break?

> S. Taylor taylor@networksplus.net
> I am thinking about buying a 5 1/2 year old mare that is halter broke,
> lunges etc but has never been saddled/bridled.  Is this horse too old to
> be broke to ride?

Good Lord, thank your lucky stars that you managed to find a horse that
wasn't backed at two, competing at three and four and crippled by five.  I
just finished a week of equine lameness rotations at the vet hospital and it
was an unending parade of beautiful young horses that had permanant injuries
because they'd been ridden too hard too early.

If everything else about her fits your goals, don't let that one thing stand
in your way.  Have fun!

Susan G