Velcro stronger than Steel??

At a NATRC ride this weekend someone told me that the Trail-Lor tie was
out of business. A weird coincidence because less than 12 hours later I
found my self with a really bent steel tie and my horse with a rope burn
on a rear pastern. I can only guess that she itched her ear with a hind
leg and got her rear leg caught over the rope.  After the awards dinner
I found her down, begging me to help her and her rear leg caught up. THE
VELCRO DID NOT BREAK!

I would like to replace the bent rod but don't know if they are in
business. I'm also seriously thinking of portable panels because my
horse loves to lay down a lot. Or what about the Spring Tie?

Lauren
San Juan Capistrano, CA