Re: trails $$

I'm lukewarm on this motion, Pat, but not because I have any objection to funding trail projects/preservation.  My concern is that this is a budget item that may vary, and I hate having a set fee "designated" to it.  There may be years we need to budget more, and years we need to budget less.  Personally, I'd rather see trail funds come out of the general budget, and if the general budget is strained as a result, then perhaps consider the raise to balance the budget.  It's the specific allocation of the rider fee money that bothers me.  On one hand, those who ride the most use the trails the most.  On the other hand, this is an issue that is of concern to ALL of us, whether we are currently riding or not.  So while I feel strongly that this is an area in which AERC well needs to contribute, I siimply wonder if this is the best way to go about it.

Heidi (who didn't ride in 2001, despite best intentions, but who wouldn't mind if a few dollars of my dues went in that direction from the general fund)
----- Original Message -----
From: Onefarmgirl@aol.com
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 9:13 AM
Subject: RC: trails $$

And while I'm on my soapbox, I can't honestly believe that there are AERC members who object to adding $1.00 to dues for trails preservation issues.  I know we are a diverse bunch, but sheesh!   This topic is so relevant and so pressing, and we are so very fortunate that some of our members are carrying the burden about it, I myself think the least we can do is offer miniscule funding support.

Just my 2c.  And my dollar  :-))

pat farmer