Re: stumbling question (long)

Wendy's 18 yr. old gelding with 1500 distance miles sometimes stumbles going down hill, especially at the trot.  We have finally concluded that he just doesn't pay attention sometimes.  Wendy usually allows horses she rides to look all over the place with no correction.  I have always hated a horse that isn't looking straight down the trail.  I use a snaffle and give 1 rein corrections to star gazing.  We both have been doing this with Raj, and he is getting better.  (yes you can teach an old horse new tricks)

My advice is to wake him up with a mild correction and be patient.

Ed  Hauser
1140 37th St.
Hudson, WI 54016
sisufarm@mmmpcc.org