Dogs from the Odd fArm (not serious)

I don't mind dogs at rides as long as they are under control and can keep their yaps shut. I can't allow dogs at the ride I manage because that is SWFWMD (SW FL water mangt dist) rules.

I took one of our dogs on a ride once. I should have known better. Of course the truck broke down about 30 from the Oconee ride. Of course a cold front was coming through and so it was windy, dreary and getting colder. Of course, once we got our greyhound Shamus out of the truck, he didn't want to get back in. He weighs 90 pounds and it ain't easy lifting him.

We finally get to the ride. I was not going to bring him to the check-in. That was ok. Allison walked him on his leash while I vetted in. I was not going to bring him to the dinner and ride meeting and that obviously pissed him off. Being the tent camper, and since it was cold, we put the tent in the trailer. While we ate, Shamus ate. Our tent and sleeping bags. While we pottied, he pottied, in the tent. However, it was easy to sweep the wetness out the huge, gapping hole in our tent. It was also real dang cold, what with all the holes in the tent and sleeping bags.

On the way home, we stopped to eat. It took longer than usual, came out to the truck and the damn dog tore up the seal around the window. Never again.

Now, I know everyone else has well behaved dogs. My dogs are good at home. Even though we have many animals to feed here at the farm, I never have a problem finding people to feed them while we go away. We always offer to pay or at least buy a nice dinner for the critter sitters. Our dogs are better off left at home. It is also better for their health because I won't be so tempted to kill them.

the ODD Farm where the dogs keep themselves in stitches. Literally.