Howard in the Air Force

Stan Moyer stan.moyer@twa.com
"And that's it.  I'm in, I know they'll be calling me soon.  Bags are
packed, I'm ready to go. My wife thinks the recruiter was putting me on,
just trying to humor me, but, I tell her this is no time for that kind of
joking around.  Things have gotten way too serious for any of that.  I'll
be spending this Christmas with "Stan."  Maybe, in the land of "stan,"
I'll run into Jim, teaching all those Marines how to have a horse lie
down, with just one whisper."

cya,
Howard (yea, I know I've lost it, but frankly, I'm not sure if it was ever
there to begin with)

Hey Howard,
My name is Stan and are you really going to be here for Christmas????
Bring warm clothes and maybe a blanket for your horse.
I even used to live in Saudi Arabia, where the horses speak Arabic. :-)
You can switch to the Army, since Ft Leavenworth is just "right up the
road", and they have a big stable right on post. You can get to experience
what riding in the snow and cold is really like, maybe even join the fox
hunt club on the Ft.
 There is a small airport on the base down by the river, I suppose they
could use a good ATC man for their half dozen operations a day. See...life
could be grand up here in Kansas.  No, you can't go back home for the
winter.

Seeya
Stan