Re: Re: beet pulp and electrolites

----- Original Message -----
From: "Susan Garlinghouse" <suendavid@worldnet.att.net>

> The reason I am telling all of this is
> > because on there last rodeo two weeks ago, one girl killed her horse
with
> > electrolites. She gave it to her just before they started( as did all of
> > the girls) and the horse dropped in front of the gate, the vets told her
> > the horse will die just get it out of the way.
>
> How did they come to the conclusion that the e'lytes killed the horse,
other
> than the timing?  Did anyone pull blood or do a necropsy?
>
> I agree with you though, ten minutes of anything don't require
> supplementing.
>
> Susan G

On the other hand......I have seen horses tie-up at these events, because no
one has the brains to warm up their horses before cantering in drill.....or
running barrels fast.  In fact, at one local gymkhana, a horse tied-up after
a barrel run; was not treated, and died.  I have seen horses at shows and
western events tied all day to trailers, in the hot sun, with no water or
hay....at least if some of these people are thinking of electrolytes, they
may be headed in the right direction!

Karen